1. Explain how you changed your photo in the lab to create a stencil.
- I created my stencil by using Photoshop. The black and the white created contrast.
2. When creating the collage background explain your choices of colors, materials (magazine paper, books pages, etc), and placement. How does it relate to your topic? If no relation discuss general idea.
- I based the theme of my collage off of England and the UK. I also used the colors red, blue, and white.
3. Discuss the way positive and negative space was used to create your stencil.
- The positive space was what I didn't cut out. The negative space was what i did cut out. The balance of the positive/negative space created my stencil. I used a border as my threshold.
4. When using the xacto knife, explain the safety procedures, how to use the knife and any challenges you had to overcome while cutting.
- When using the xacto knife, you had to cut away from yourself. The challenges I faced were things like tying to keep everything together and not accidently cutting through something that didn't need to be cut.
5. How was your experience with the spray paint? Discuss how color choice is important, placement of stencil, and any other concepts you noticed while creating this.
- When I spray painted my collage, I used a variety of colors. I used colors like pink, blue, white, and yellow. The color that I sprayed the stencil with was black. The composition turned out good.